Monday, June 30, 2014

Kids lunches all Cleaned up!

Kids are home & they are hungry for lunch!!

I try my best to keep a eating schedule for my kids during the summer or someone is always in the kitchen. I am lucky enough to work from home so I have found that is I make them lunch there is less snacking thru the day and that their lunch is full of better options! With that I strive for fun summer lunches that will keep active kids full.



A few of my favorites:

Strawberry Peanut butter Wraps ( I think my daughter would eat these every day)


Grilled Fish and Sweet Potato Tots

  
Clean Chicken Quesadilla  (these are awesome because we typically have grilled chicken prepped)


Coconut Chicken Nuggets with a fruit and/or veggies


Salads with Hard Boiled Eggs (for some reason my kids prefer a salad if there is eggds on it)


Ham/Turkey and veggie wraps ( I try and limit the sandwich meat and when I do buy it I purchase nitrate free sandwich meat)

Homemade Organic Mac&Cheese with fruit and/or veggies


Pita Pizzas

Try to have your fruit and veggies cut and ready to add to just about any lunch. You can use cookies cutters to cut your produce in to fun shapes for smaller children. We will use the Bolthouse dressing as their veggie dip or peanut butter or yogurt to dip their fruit in.


I hope you enjoy this summer with your kids and share with them the importance why we eat for nutrition! 1 and 3 children are over weight in America, lets help make a difference in thia country and lead by example with your children!

No comments:

Post a Comment