Sunday, October 6, 2013

Keeping your veggies fresh!



I was at my girlfriends one day and she had me try this veggies relish, she knew I would love it and did I ever!

After making this veggie relish the first time, I fell in love with this recipe for a few reasons.  My favorite way to enjoy this is on my salads. You know how you buy a green pepper and it is bad with in a week or so. I have had this relish for months in my fridge. Also all my veggies are chopped and prepped for me so I am saving time.

Giardiniera
 
2 diced green peppers
2 diced red peppers
8 jalapenos diced
3 celery stocks diced
1 medium carrot diced
1 onion diced
1/2 head Cauliflower 
1 c. Olive Oil
1 c. Vinegar
1 t. pepper

Directions

      1. Chop all veggies
      2.Place into a bowl the green and red peppers, jalapenos, celery, carrots, onion, and
        cauliflower.  Stir in salt, and fill with enough cold water to cover. Place plastic wrap over the
        bowl, and refrigerate overnight.
      3.The next day, drain water, and rinse vegetables. In a bowl, mix together garlic, oregano, 
         and black pepper. Pour in vinegar and olive oil, and mix well. Combine 
         with vegetable mixture, cover, and refrigerate.  I keep in glass jars in the fridge.
 
      *Please note this is not a recipe of mine, my friend gave it to me and I do not know where she
        go the recipe from.
 
      I always double this recipe!
 
    Here are a few ideas how to use this relish:
   1. On top of your burgers.
   2. Veggies on my lettuce, makes a perfect salad and with the EVOO and Vinegar it is my
       dressing  too!
    3. On your scrambled eggs.
    4. On top of my grilled Chicken Breasts.
 
 
             Once you taste this full of flavor relish you will think of many ways to enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment