Sunday, October 27, 2013

A Healthy Version of Manicotti

In my private coaching page on facebook, I asked the group for some of their favorite recipes that need cleaning up.  One of the requests was Manicotti. I  loved this new version so much that I wanted to share it with everyone. As many of us know Manicotti is full of cheese and white noodles. There are a few changes that were needed to be made.  My family loved this, I hope yours does too!



1 Package of Simply Balanced Wheat Lasagna Noodles (you can find these are Target)  You can also use a rice noodle.  * Boil water and add EVOO to water.  Add noodles for only 2-3 minutes to soften.
While Noodles are boiling prepare the filling.

Filling:
1 cup chopped Kale
1 cup chopped Spinach
2 cups of Cottage cheese
Garlic to taste
1 egg
Salt and Pepper to taste
Mix all together.
Spray a 9X11 baking dish with Coconut Oil
Lay out Noodle and place a spoon full of filling on one end of the noodle and roll up, then place in the baking dish. Continue to fill noodles until they are all full.


1 Jar organic marinara sauce - Pour over stuffed noodles. You can make as saucy as you like. I used a half of jar!

Bake at 350 for about 15-20 minutes until warm.
When serving, add a sprinkle of fresh Parmesan to the top.  I did let my kids add a little mozzarella cheese to the top of theirs!

 Enjoy~

No comments:

Post a Comment